First released in 2019 to mark our 5th Birthday. Pointy Shoes 2020, a Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, aged in ex Scotch Bourbon barrels for 12 months, was brewed to celebrate our 6th birthday. Expect smooth bourbon notes of oak, vanilla , complimented with coffee and chocolate from the malt bill.
When we decided to brew a beer to celebrate our birthday – there was always only one name to call it – Pointy Shoes. Back in 2014 when Quincey and Simon made the decision to make their dreams a reality and open Wicklow Wolf they searched for a building that they could move into and call it the home of Wicklow Wolf. A former bakery in the heart of Bray ticked all the right boxes. Simon set up a meeting to meet the landlord to secure the premises.
Uncharacteristically for Simon, he was early to the meeting and the landlord said that if your business partner turns up in ‘Pointy Shoes’ you both can forget it. Luckily, Quincey worked in the big corporate drinks world and on leaving he vowed never to wear a suit again and with them pointy shoes. It was that moment and that phrase that helped shape what the two lads wanted to build – an independent brewery without any hints of ‘pointy shoes’ and what
they stand for. 6 years on, still no pointy shoes.
How Much Is Delivery?
- We charge a flat rate of €5.50 per order for domestic delivery (ROI & NI)
Where Do We Deliver?
- We offer 32 County Craft Beer Delivery across the full Island of Ireland via DPD Couriers(ROI & NI).
- We also offer EU shipping to a selection of European destinations. For more info on our EU shipping rates and delivery times please visit our shipping information page.
When Will My Order Be Delivered?
- Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday will be processed for same day dispatch and are typically delivered the following working day (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Orders placed after 2pm on Friday will be processed for dispatch on the following Monday and are typically delivered the following working day (excluding Bank Holidays)
*** Covid 19 Notice: Although every effort will be made to maintain our next day delivery schedule, unfortunately due to above normal levels of demand placed on our delivery partners, occasional delays may be experienced. We ask for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times.
*** EU shipping times can vary from 3-6 days depending on the destination. For more information on EU shipping times please visit our shipping information page
Once you place your order you will receive a confirmation email from us with a tracking number. You can now use this tracking number to track your delivery on www.dpd.ie
- Visit dpd.ie and enter the tracking number you received from us via email to see your current parcel delivery status.
- Visit www.dpd.ie and select the "Chat" icon. You can then input your details and their support desk will be able to update you on your current parcel delivery status